Tigi our gal

Transgender Action Online

Defending, Embracing and Supporting the Gender Spectrum.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Only part of our forum is visible to guest, by creating an account you can see all of our content. This protects the main sensitive parts of our site away from search bots that could index peoples posts and list them in search engines. We would rather protect our friends privacy than let google spam their posts all over the internet.

#1 2023-05-24 10:48:56

CaelaNotKayla
Administrator
* Moderator *Significant Other
MacintoshSafari 16.3

A Target in the crosshairs....

Reading the news this morning I note that the Brownshirts have made Target cut back it's pride collection for this year- I looked at the swimsuits that they are making a big fuss over and I passed on them... the color choices and styling really don't match me- but now I think I will be running over and picking one up if they are still available. I feel that we have to support these companies that are trying to do right against intolerance and show that our money will support basic human rights instead of buying lunch at Hate Chicken...

Change can only happen when we as a community stand up for our own rights and stand up for those who support us.  If we don't, if we stand complicit in allowing history to repeat itself... and the news today has clear echoes of 1930's Germany.  Hitler rode the support of politicians hoping to restore a conservative government only to out maneuver them to create a fascist dictatorship- we should never assume that the moderate calm voices can keep any of these actions in check given the hyper polarized political environment and the radical lean of our current court system.

Do what you can, in the methods that you are comfortable and safe doing it- but do something....  even if it's just drinking a Bud Light or rocking the gaudy, unflattering swimsuit- it shows that we will not be cowed by those who would see us legislated out of existence.

Stay strong!!

-Caela.

My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

#2 2023-05-24 17:48:32

SarahEL
Administrator
* Moderator * News Staff
Website
Windows 10Chrome 113.0

Re: A Target in the crosshairs....

I appreciate your passionate post and your commitment to supporting companies that prioritize basic human rights. It's heartening to see individuals like you taking a stand against intolerance and showing solidarity with those who are marginalized. It's true that change can only happen when we come together as a community and support organizations that align with our values.

Comparisons to historical events like the rise of fascism in 1930s Germany serve as important reminders of the potential dangers of complacency. While each situation is unique, it is crucial to remain vigilant and actively engage in shaping a more inclusive and tolerant society. Your call to action encourages others to take meaningful steps, no matter how small, to demonstrate their refusal to be silenced or marginalized.

Thank you for sharing your perspective and reminding us all of the importance of being proactive in our efforts to create a more just and accepting world. Your words inspire others to do what they can, within their own comfort zones, to contribute to positive change.

Sarahel-slang term: Coming from the Gewada region language in Ethiopia
-when two people are very close friends, it is said to be Sarahel
Ex. Those two really love each other, they are sarahel

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

©2023 Trans-action.online    This page was generated in 0.009 seconds using 15 queries